Application Guide for International Candidates and Providers
The links below will help international students to fill out the necessary form to apply for flight training in the U.S. The fee is ($130.00 USD) and will need to be paid when the TSA sends a note to the student asking for payment. The student will also need to submit fingerprints when requested.
- International Student Admission Process
- Foreign Student Flight Program Process
- AOPA guide for foreign students wishing to take flight training
- I-20 Application Form (see first link)
After students fill out the form, they should print a copy of ALL forms and payment records submitted to the TSA for their personal records.
Once approval is received, training must begin immediately as most of the training under the visa is good for only 365 days.
These are the steps that you will need to follow as an international student:
Provider: Eagle Aircraft
School Student Identification Number: your first initial and last name
Course Identification Number: 101 (Private Pilot), 103 (Instrument), 104 (Multi-Engine)
Course Name: Private Pilot, Instrument Rating or Multi-Engine Rating
Course Description: Private Pilot Training, Instrument Rating or Multi-Engine Rating
Rating Goal: Private Pilot ASEL, Instrument Rating or Multi-Engine Rating
Aircraft Type: Cessna 172 (Private through Instrument), PA28R (Commercial), PA44 (Multi-Engine)
Start Date: Enter a date approximately 30 days from application
End Date: 1 year after your selected start date
- Review application and submit.
- Eagle Aircraft will receive a notification that you have applied and we will then confirm your application. The TSA will next contact you to pay the fee.
- After you have paid, wait for an email confirmaton from the TSA which will include your AFSP Training Request Number and instructions for fingerprinting. Save and print ALL emails from the TSA.
If you have trouble with any of the steps above, please feel free to contact Eagle Aircraft anytime at (219) 464-0132.